Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Rubber Romance Peacock

Have you entered into my Birthday Blog Candy yet? Click here to check it out, you have until Friday, January 9th 9pm PST to enter!!

Wow, this card took me a while to make.. Can't really tell by looking at it, but the card went through so many changes.. But here it is, and I am pretty happy with the result.

This is one of the cards for my upcoming "Rubber Romance Peacocks" card class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. This class is scheduled for:

Tuesday, January 13th, 11 am to 2:30 pm
Friday, January 16th, 11 am to 2:30 pm

Please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151 to sign up.


The card measures 6" x 6". You won't believe how hard I have tried this time to make a different size card, didn't happen..

Because of the shiny metallic paper and the sparkly Stickles it was hard to take photos of this card, this one definitely looks much better in real life. Please click on photos to enlarge if you would like to see the details.


Close up view..

Inside of the card..

Peacock was heat embossed in black on metallic paper from Bazzil. Dry embossed the frame around this layer with Scor-Pal and then heat embossed gold on the edges. Corners are from Cuttlebug.. am I stuck on these or what? I think this is a card number four in a row that I use these corners on, I think they are so versatile though. I attached black ribbon on the bottom of the metallic green layer, then wrapped gold cord around it three times and tied the bow. This layer is raised on pop up dots as well as the layer with the bird. On the inside, I used the negative parts of the Cuttlebug corners.

If you would like to purchase this Peacock stamp, please give Cranberry Hill Mercantile a call at 408-736-9151 during business hours to place your order and it will be shipped to you.

:) Irina

6 comments:

Sally said...

I know this has to be the most gorgeous card. It must have taken you hours to make. Absolutely beautiful.

Kim said...

Irina this is gorgeous...and I LOVE how you used the negative parts on the inside of your cards! So genius!
Hugs~ Kim

Sally said...

I have left a little something for you on my blog

Rosette said...

This is just awesome, lovely card! :))

Karen Lee said...

This card is gorgeous. I love your work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Irina,

I love the peacock and would love to take the class but I'll be out of town till the 22nd. Will you put me on a waiting list for another time?

Hugs,

Sylvia