Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back from CHA and some cards

If you haven't entered into my Valentine's Blog Candy yet, make sure to check out this post!!

Just got back home from CHA!! It was a great trip and I saw a lot of exciting things!! We have ordered so much for the store (Cranberry Hill Mercantile), I just can't wait for the boxes to start arriving. We are bringing some new companies to Cranberry Hill. I am sure you'll love them!! I will tell you more in a few next days.. too tired right now..

I know I had promised that I would have some posts for you while I was gone.. But.. I had not finished them on time before we left and even though Gerri had brought her laptop, we did not have an Internet access at the place we were staying. So today I will show you the two of the four cards that I had made with the Hero Arts Owls stamps right before we left.. These are the cards for my upcoming card class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile.

This class is scheduled for:

Friday, January 30th, 11 am to 2:30 pm
Tuesday, February 3rd, 11 am to 2:30 pm

Please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151 to sign up for the class.


I am usually not really into the owls.. into the other birds, yes.. but not the owls.. But, when I saw these newly released stamps from Hero Arts, I absolutely fell in love with them!! Don't they look funny and adorable at the same time!!?? And, by the way it seems that owls are very "in" this year, almost every company at CHA had some stamps and/or paper with owls. They might just start growing on me more and more.

First card.. This card measures 4 1/2" x 6". I think this must be the easiest card I have made in a long time. The only things that I have done on the front of the card is to add brown brads to the centers of the flowers on the printed paper by Daisy Bucket and the punched corners. The Owl was stamped on the brown cardstock with black ink, cut out and placed on the card with the pop up dots.. Easy peasy.. The large owl is from the "Four Stylish Owls" stamp set, the Greeting on the front of the card as well as the stump and the smaller owl inside of the card are from the "The Hoot" stamp set. Both are from Hero Arts.


inside view..

Second card.. This card measures 6" x 6". Paper is from the same sheet of the printed paper from Daisy Bucket that I have used on the card above.. The owl is from the same stamp set and the greeting is from A Muse. Of course I could not resist and added the googly eyes to the owls on both cards :) Too cute!!


Inside view..


Now I am going to put my feet up and get some rest, maybe some TV time.. My Tivo must be full with the shows that I had recorded :)

Till tomorrow..

:) Irina

5 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful cards! I agree the owls are so cute.

ribenaruby said...

Fab creations, love the cute images and how you've dressed the insides. Great job!

Sally said...

great card. I am not into owls either but these are cute.

Elena said...

I am so glad you had a very good time at CHA, Irina!
Love these wols too! The cards are adorable! The inside of the card is so pretty! And DP is adorable!
Did you see Hero Arts cute Russian wooden doll stamp set! They are so cute too!

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

I love the owls, I've really been getting into them lately..