I will start with the card.. This is one of the cards for my upcoming "Rubber Romance Cats" card class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. This class is scheduled for:
Thursday, January 8th, 11 am to 2:30 pm
Thursday, January 8th, 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
To sign up for the class, please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151.
This card measures 6" x 6" .. again.. It seems that is the only size of the card that works for me lately :) .
Inside of the card..
When I saw this stamp from Rubber Romance, I knew that I would make a card with the awning. I love-love-love this stamp!!
I first embossed the image on Esse White cardstock. Even though Esse White is not a watercolor paper, it does have a texture that feels like it is. I then colored the image with the Pearlascent watercolors. Every time I use these, I am amazed at how inexpensive they are but yet you can achive such gorgeous results with them. I wish you could see all the shimmer in the photo, it looks very pretty in real life. The white layer was embossed with Rectangular Nestabilites and sponged yellow ink around the image. Scallops on the "awning" were done with Fiskars border punch. Awning is raised on the card on pop up dots. The greeting inside of the card is from the Hero Arts stamp set. Edited to add.. A few people had asked me where to purchase this Rubber Romance stamp. Please give Cranberry Hill Mercantile a call at 408-736-9151 during business hours to place your order, they have this and other Rubber Romance stamps available.
Now.. onto the Blog Candy.. It is my Birthday TODAY!! I turned 35, ONCE AGAIN.. ;-) To celebrate, I am offering a Blog Candy to you. This is quite a big one, and has a lot of goodies in it.. Make sure to click on the photo to see everything that is included.
And here is the list of what's included:
- Five (!!) clear stamp sets... "Feminine Friends" and "Masculine Monikers" by Stampendous, "Border It!" and "Bold Alpha" by Art Warehouse, and "Love Lines" by Junkitz
- Five (!!) embellishment sets.. "Family Reunion" by Soft Spoken, "Winter Rub Ons" by Basic Grey, "Sola Purses" and two small sets by K and Company
- Twelve (!!) Scalloped Notes in three different colors with Envelopes by Stampin Up
- Three (!!) large silk flowers from Prima
- Three (!!) Tilda stamps.. this have been used by me a few times to make cards..
- and last but definitely not least.. Spellbinders Nestabilites Classic Squares Large set ..
There are no special requirements to enter into my Birthday Blog Candy, just leave a comment under this post. If you would like an additional chance to win, please mention my Candy on your blog and leave one more comment here.
I will draw the winning number next Friday, January 9th at around 9 pm PST. Everyone is welcome to participate, I will even ship internationally.