Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Feather of a Peacock

I made this card sometimes last week with one of the stamps from Rubber Romance. I was making this card for the "Rubber Romance Peacocks" class, but not really happy with the way this one has turned out.. I think this card has way too much going on, even for me ;-) .. So, I did not include it in the class, but I thought I would show it to you anyways..

This is a huge card, it measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".


I created background with the die inks and the Encore ink, this technique is called Polished Stone. The feather was heat embosssed with black embossing powder. The greeting is from Lizzie Anne Designs stamp set.

I still do love this gorgeous stamp, one day I will pull it out again and see if I can come up with something better.. but this is what it is for now.

If you would like to purchase this stamp, please give Cranberry Hill Mercantile a call at 408-736-9151 during the business hours to place your order and it will be shipped to you.

:) Irina

4 comments:

Kim said...

Love the polished stone look! I just learned how to do that! Beautiful! I think your card is gorgeous Irina!
Hugs~ Kim

Sally said...

Love the technique, I use alcohol inks when I do mine. Yours are gorgeous.

Linda Crowder said...

I really love peacock feathers, whether real or stamped. This is really really pretty. Thanks for sharing. This is a technique I have not seen before. Linda Crowder

Anonymous said...

This is awesome... cool layout, too, with the tilted image. Beautiful card!