Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Explosion Style Gift Boxes

I made these explosion boxes for a make-and-take at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. I usually make these type of boxes for Christmas, I think they are way too cute and are a great way to package a small gift.


The first box features a stamp from Magenta, I don't have a name for it but the number on the stamp is 37197K. I stamped the image twice and colored it with Copic Markers. I cut out the "frame" and the penguins from one of them and then layered on the top of the second to create a window. Love how it's turned out!! The greeting is by Hero Arts.




For the second box I used Hero Arts stamps, the large snowflake is called Grand Snowflake and the all four small snowflakes are from the same stamp set (can't find the name of it, sorry..). The large snowflake was embossed with White embossing powder on brown cardstock and then cut out. I sponged brown ink on all the blue layers and on box for the shabby chic look. Dew Drops in the corners and in the center of the snowflake. The greeting is from Lizzie Anne Designs.





Actually, I think you can use these for any winter occasion, not just for Christmas.. especially the one with the Snowflake. It would make a great Birthday or a Thank You gift too..

The make-and-take is scheduled for next Monday, December 8th from 11 am to 5 pm. It will take about half an hour to complete the project. Sign up for the make-and-take is not required but is recommended as supplies will be limited. If you decide to sign up, please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151.

:) Irina

0 comments: