Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stampin' Up "Spring Solitute"

I don't know what it is, but this year I am SO into birds. I bet you've noticed that from my recent projects ;) .

This stamp set is a Level 2 Hostess set from Stampin' Up. I just LOVE it!!! Of course I had to purchase over $300 in Stampin' Up products to earn it, but it's totally worth it!! Love-love-love.

Here are the cards that I've made with it so far.. All cards measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".


Card 1:
Soft Sky Cardstock 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
Whisper White Cardstock 5 ¼” x 4”
Purely Pomegranate Cardstock 3 ½” x 3”
Whisper White Cardstock 3 ¼” x 2 ¾”
Background on the card was stamped with the Wheel (included with the stamp set) in Soft Sky Classic Ink. Background on the white layer was stamped in Soft Sky Ink as well. The brunch and the leaves were colored right onto the stamp with Stampin' Up Markers in Close to Cocoa and Old Olive. The Bird and the greeting were stamped with Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink. Flowers stamped on Whisper White with Blue Bayou Classic Ink, cut out and the centers are adorned with Microbeads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Card 2:
Paper Trey White Cardstock 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼ “
Purely Pomegranate Cardstock 1 ½” x 1 ½”
Soft Sky Cardstock 1 ½” x 1 ½”
Blue Bayou Cardstock 1 ½” x 1 ½”
Old Olive Cardstock 1 ½” x 1 ½”
Images on the squares were stamped with the coordinating color ink. Brunch (Close to Cocoa Stampin' Up Marker), Leaves (Old Olive Stampin' Up Marker) and the Bird (stamped with Blue Bayou Classic Ink) were stamped onto Whisper White Cardstock, cut out and adhered over the Pomegranate square. Greeting was stamped with Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the greeting on the card (what would I do without it??).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Card 3:
Paper Trey White Cardstock 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score at 4 ¼ “
Purely Pomegranate Cardstock 3” x 3”
Soft Sky Cardstock 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”
Paper Trey White Cardstock 2 ½” x 2 ½”
Flowers were stamped with Blue Bayou Classic Ink, and colored in with the same ink (very lightly) with Aquabrush using the same ink. I added gold microbeads to the centers of the flowers. The greeting was stamped in Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink and the Bird was stamped in Blue Bayou Classic Ink. Again, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the bird and the greeting on the card.



I just love that with Stampin' Up sets there are so many possibilities. Just like these cards, with one stamp set you can achieve so many different looks. I will be reaching for this stamp set again and will come up with more design FOR SURE!!

Don't forget that I am a Stampin' Up Demonstrator ;) Check out my website here and if you would like to purchase any of the Stampin Up products, please contact me via email either from this blog or from my Stampin' Up website.


:) Irina

4 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

fabulous cards irina

Anita Knits said...

Wow, just been checking out your blog for the first time, you are one super talented lady. Will be back again soon. Thanks for the ispiration. Anita

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hei irina,

sorry my english was not good on my blog.
do you think i need to fix it.

i do NOT reccomend Copic CS! Not at all!! it is horrible.

i do like papertrey cs the best BUT i did not want to reccoend it really cause i was treated badly from their customer service ... sooo it is bad for me right now :-)
hehe
besides Papertrey Stampin up is great too.

for ink i use Black Ranger Adriorniak (never know how to write this word)

thank you
claudia

Irina Blount said...

Hi Claudia,

I got it from your blog that you weren't impressed with Copic Paper. Was just wondering what you actually prefer to use. I like Stampin' Up Whisper White, works great with Copics!

:) Irina