Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Believe in the Magic of the Season

I got back from Carson Monday night and got back to teaching classes on Tuesday. Busy-busy-busy :-). I will tell you more about the Carson show and will post some photos in a few days.

Today I wanted to show you one of the cards for my upcoming "Whipper Snapper Santa" card class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. I will show you the other card for this class tomorrow.

This card measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".



I love-love-love this Santa stamp from Whipper Snapper, isn't he just too cute?!! I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic Markers. Stamped snowflakes with Blue Sky Memento around Santa image. I stamped the same snowflakes with White Pigment ink on the red cardstock.

Added Crystal Effects to Santa's belt and his shoes. For the snow on the chimney and under Santa's feet, I put on some Crystal Effect and then sprinkled on some glitter. This way there is dimension and also the sparkle on the card. There are Stickles on the snowflakes around Santa.

Both ovals for the greeting were punched out with Marvy punches, blue for the oval and the pink one for the scalloped oval.

The greeting and the snowflakes stamps are by Lizzie Anne Designs.

This class is scheduled for:

Friday, November 28th, 11 am to 2:30 pm
Saturday, November 29th, 11 am to 2:30 pm

To sign up for the class, please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151.


:) Irina

3 comments:

Cynde said...

I love this Santa card Irina....You did such a great job on coloring him! I like the dimensionals on him also, leaning on the chimney...he's too cute! I will have to look for him now....Lol Thanks for the inspiration...

Anonymous said...

oh, he is so "cool"!!! love all the things you did and the popped up head is wonderful! tfs! wish I could come!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Irina,

Very cute card. Nice crisp colors.

Hugs,

Sylvia