Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Polished Stone Butterfly

"In those times I can't seem to find God, I rest in the assurance He knows how to find me."

Isn't this just beautiful, I just love this sentiment from "Refuge and Strength" stamp set by Stampin' Up.



Flower stamp is from Stampendous. I stamped the image once, and then stamped it two more times without re-inking. The sentiment was heat embossed with Detail Black embossing powder.

I used two colors in purple family for Polished Stone technique. Nowadays, I rarely use metallic inks with this technique, this way you don't even need to use the sealant. Butterfly from Stampin' Up retired set "Wonderful Wings" was stamped in Stazon and then cut out. The butterfly is raised on pop-up dots.

I never thought that purple is my favorite color and I still don't. Somehow though I keep on making purple cards lately.. I think I like the dramatic effect of purple with black. And, I really LOVE how this card has turned out.

Don't forget about my Blog Candy, details here.

:) Irina

7 comments:

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

Positively, stunningly, gorgeous! Think this is my new favorite!!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could make one for a friends son who has cancer. I know we can't do this one at cranberry hill but maybe at your house?

Hugs,

Sylvia

JenMarie said...

Oh, totally gorgeous!

Cynde said...

The Purple card is just gorgeous! I love the saying and love the design..Well it is just jaw-droppingly beautiful....(is that a word?)
Love the entire card, Gorgeous.....

Cynde said...

Wish I had read the other comments before i wrote mine....We ALL think it's Gorgeous!

debinicol said...

Now this is an awesome idea...gotta try it. TFS you are sooo talented.
Debi Nicol at yahoo dot com

Karen said...

Hi Irena: I love your blog and the creations on it! The Kodomo set is awesome (I'm off to look at the extra pics) and I love the unusual shape of the black magic card.

I have linked you on the right of my blog and will definitely be back :)