Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ruffles Marci Stationary/Trinket Box


Wow, wow, wow!!  I hadn't made any projects since our last CHA in July!!!  FINALLY here is a NEW one!!  

And I got to play with the NEW Marci stamp too!!  This is Ruffles Marci!!  This stamp is not even released yet, so consider this to be a sneak peek ;-)  

I created a Stationary/Trinket Box to showcase our new Marci.  I created my own template for the box and the lid.  The box is pretty big, it measures 6" x 6" x 2".  Inside dimensions are 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" with a divider.  The way I positioned my divider my box will fit regular size cards and postage stamps, pens, etc. - making it a Stationary Box.  However, this box can be used for pretty much anything if you move divider, make two or even four slots there to create a trinket box.  Or, you can leave one big space and store whatever your heart desires in it!!

This is one of the projects for my SEPTEMBER Workshop

SEPTEMBER Workshop is scheduled for:
Sunday, September 25th
10 am to 6 pm
at Scrapbook Island in San Jose, CA

To see other projects for this WORKSHOP please click HERE.

This Workshop is by invitation only.  If you would like to attend but did not receive an Evite invitation from me, please email me at irina_ca@msn.com and I will add you onto the list.







I've seen other crafters making the images look like 3D without using pop dots but instead shaping the elements on the image.   This is my first time giving an image some dimension this way.  I really, really, really love how my Marci has turned out!!  I took quite a few pictures to show you so hopefully photos do it the justice. 
Oh, and those dots on Marci's hair band - they are not a part of a stamp, I drew them with my Memento Marker.  I thought it was a nice touch :-)

Project Recipe:
Stamps: Ruffles Marci by La-La Land Crafts (available late September), Post Card by Whimsy Stamps, Tickets by Tim Holtz

Papers: Craft Cardstock by Bazzill, Pink Paisley DP
Tools: Scor-Pal, TH Clock, Spellbinders Rose Creation, EK Success Border Punch
Other: Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Crystal Stickles, Viva Pearl Pen

Copic Markers:
Skin - E000, E01, E11, R20
Hair - YR20, E11, E13, E17, E18
Blouse - Y32, Y35, Y38, YR16, YR18
Skirt and Shoes - C00, C1, C3, C5, C7

Hugs!!

P.S. a little secret for you... shhhh... Would you like to get a 40% off of one LLLC stamp?  There is a code on our Facebook Page, but it is for our Facebook Fans ONLY!!  Click HERE to follow us on Facebook and to find your code.

5 comments:

Shirley N said...

Oh Irina, what a fabulous creation, this is just gorgeous! Marci is so beautiful, love your coloring! Awesome trinket box, lovelovelove!!!

Leslie's Blog said...

WOW!! I love your Marci image and the trinket box you made. I can't wait until this Marci is available for purchase. Thanks for sharing and keep on inspiring!!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL project Irina, your coloring is SUPERB!!~

mlmdesign said...

OMG!!! I can't wait for the workshop!!! You are amazing as usual Irina! : )

Kathlene said...

What an amazing project! Love your sweet trinket box. Marci looks so beautiful perched there. xoxo