Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Marci with Rose Canvas Art

So... did you have fun "hopping" along La-La Land Crafts Design Team blogs yesterday for our Blog Hop?? I sure did LOVED seeing everyone's wonderful creations with our new Marci and Luka stamps!!

I loved making my Halloween Canvas SO MUCH, that I just HAD TO make another one!!!! This one has been on my mind for a very long time!!! I knew that I wanted to make one with Marci with Rose and knew exactly what I wanted to do, but I just had hard time executing my idea.. until today!!!! It all just came together!!!! I enjoyed making this little piece of art SO MUCH and I am VERY HAPPY with the way it has turned out!!!! You should see my hands though, they look like a real artist would have after painting ;-)

This will be a project for my "Canvas Art - Summer in Paris" class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile in Sunnyvale, CA. This class is scheduled for:

Saturday, October 30th, 12 pm to 3 pm

Please bring your Cuttlebug (if you have one), Scor-Tape, your favorite dry and liquid adhesives, foam tape, foam brushes and following Copic Markers to this class:


R000, R01, R11, R20, R21, R22, R24
E25, E27, E30, E33
Y21
YR20, YR21, YR24
YG91, YG93

All other supplies will be provided.

$45, 10 participants max

Please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151 to sign up for this class.

This canvas measures 6" x 6" .. just like my cards ;-)






You will not believe how involved this project is until you look REAL CLOSE :-) There are so many products used there and so many steps to achieve the result, but it definitely worth it!!! The result is beautiful!! ..if I can say that myself ;-)

Let me see.. I used two different colors of acrylic paint to cover the canvas. Then stamped canvas using Distressed Inks.. first with Diamonds background by Impression Obsession, then with Music background by Hero Arts.. Added little border around the whole canvas on the front and also on all of the sides with one of the stamps from Tattered Angles Time Traveler stamp set.. The circle was stamped with the round stamp from the same set..

Border on the bottom punched with EK Success punch.. Pretty ribbon over it is from May Arts.. Eiffel Tower cut with Cricut, Summer in Paris cartridge.. Flower was made with Tim Holtz die cuts and I used Glimmer Mist on it!! Looks oh so pretty in real life!!!

Banner on the top was made with the stamp from Artsy Banner Large set by Crafty Secrets. The very pretty pearls with roses are from Prima, item #535957..

Marci with Rose was colored with Copics, cut out and popped on the canvas for dimension.. You can buy this Marci stamp along with all other stamps in Marci and Luka Collection HERE..

See.. I told you.. there is A LOT going on with this Canvas ;-)

Hugs!!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Absolutely beautiful Irina! Love the colors and the materials you used. I wonder if my husband will let me use some of his canvases. :)

Hugs,
Alicia

Helen said...

This is so beautiful! I'm very facinated with this canvas art. I hope to see more soon!

mlmdesign said...

Irina, I LOVE your two new canvases! I can't wait to take your class!!

Lisa

Kristine said...

OOOkay.. now I get it Irina (I'm a li'l slow) wasn't sure what you meant by canvas, LOL. Now I see! It's gorgeous as always! Yes, you did a LOT of layers and steps with this and it was all worth it. Incredible!! Love the Paris tower embossed like that and the pearls and flower. Really a Work of heART!! Great job *Ü*

Unknown said...

Wow! This is totally gorgeous, Irina! I am speechless!

Jana Weaver said...

I LOVE this piece...so glad I got to see it in person!! Awesome!!!