Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Christmas Reindeer

I love making Christmas cards, they are definitely my favorite. I made this card for my upcoming "Cuttlebug and Nestabilites Christmas" card class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. I will show you the other card for the class tomorrow.

This card measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".




Both circles (plain and scalloped) were cut and embossed with Nestabilites. The reindeer were heat embossed with the Detailed Gold embossing powder, the stamp is by Penny Black (LOVE IT!!). I stamped little snowflakes from Lizzie Ann Designs and put Stickles in the centers of the snowflakes. I am not sure if you can see it on the photos, but I also used the same snowflakes to stamp on the red layer with red ink. I used the Circle Nestabilites die as a template and sponged some yellow ink inside of the circle with Reindeer. I just love how something simple like that makes such a huge difference and make the image pop.

The corners on the card were made by cutting the embossed scalloped circle in four parts. There are green Dew Drops in the center of the corners. I made similar corners on one of my "purses" here and really loved what Claudia has done with the corners on this card.

The greeting inside of the card is from the clear stamp set by Hero Arts. The greeting was punched out with Blue Oval Marvy Punch and layered on the scallop that was punched with Pink Scallop Oval Marvy punch from Gold Cardstock. I sponged yellow ink on the sides of the white layer.

With my Zig Painty I added dots on all of the scallops, on the front of the card as well as on the inside scalloped oval.

This class is scheduled for:

Thursday, October 30th, 11 am to 2:30 pm
Thursday, October 30th, 5 pm to 8 pm

To sign up for the class, please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151.


:) Irina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irina, I just love these Reindeer,

I will take this class, Moiick

Carol_F said...

Another beautiful card beautifully crafted!!! Although this has a Christmas theme, I would probably use it for one of my male relatives as a birthday greeting for a winter birthday. It's really hard to make masculine cards without being too boring or too cute. This is just right, I think...

Carol F.