Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Whipper Snapper Bird

I love-love-love Whipper Snapper Stamps. Not as much as Tilda, but pretty close ;) .



The colors and layout for this card were inspired by this card on another website. The Whipper Snapper Bird was stamped on Whisper White with Basic Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers. I really enjoy coloring with Copic Markers now. In fact, I just realized that since I got my Copics, I haven't once reached for the Stampin' Up Markers...



All paper is from Stampin' Up. Scallops on the bottom were made with the Corner Rounder Punch. Used Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder on Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Sponged layers with Close to Cocoa.


Sentiment is from "A Little Birdie Told Me" stamp set by Stampin' Up. I got that stamp set only for sentiments, I don't even like the birds in the set.

The last photo is the inside view of the card..


Oh, by the way, this Whipper Snapper Bird stamp (and more from Whipper Snapper) is available at Cranberry Hill Mercantile.

:) Irina

2 comments:

SYLVIA said...

Hello Irina,

When you showed me this bird in class yesterday I thought it was cute but just that. Now that I see it on one of your cards I want it. Is there going to be a class with more whipper snapper stamps? You're so amazing to me. You really inspire me. I even like cows now. I too like the Tilda stamps better and am excited to get them but we have to have variety. You jusst make anything look good. Thanks for your teaching and inspiration.

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Great coloring on this card!! Your designs always inspire me...whenever I have a few spare moments I enjoy looking at whatever you have new to share on your blog.

Tak for bringing the Tilda stamps to Sunnyvale. I luv, luv, luv them all. Your sample cards with Tilda were gorgeous, and a bit of a different style than what I had seen before. How inspiring!!! Did you realize that the "a little birdie told me" is the ideal sentiment to go with the stamp "Tilda with bird"? That was the first Tilda stamp I ever used, and was I happy at how easy it was to position with their Easy Mount stamps and amazed at how exquisitly the lines for the detailed image were in the stamped image. I used this stamp with no message to make Mother's Day cards for all my relatives who are mothers. So far, they all love the cards too. Looking forward to more, much more of Tilda,

Carol