Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Surprise Gift Box Card

Check out my La-La Land Crafts blog for a sneak peek of the new Halloween release and to enter into the Blog Candy!!

I couldn't decide what to do for the third card for my "Shaped Cards" class at Cranberry Hill Merantlie, so I turned to Splitcoaststampers for ideas.. I found this card by Valita, followed to her blog post for this card and then from there to the instructions on the Stampohmania website. It looked interesting and I decided to give it a try.. The template from Stampohmania was for a smaller card, and I of course just had to make a bigger one. I used their template as a reference and made one of my own.. My card measures approximately 5 1/4" X 6".

This is the third card for this class, to see the other two cards please click here and here. This class is scheduled for:

Thursday, September 3rd, 11 am to 2 pm
Thursday, September 3rd, 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Sunday, September 6th, 12 pm to 3 pm

Please bring pop-up dots (foam tape) and you favorite adhesive to the class. All other supplies will be provided.

$30, 10 participants max.

Class Kits will be available until September 6th, $35 each.

Please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151 to sigh up for the class and/or purchase you kit/s.


I have had hard time photographing this card.. This is the best I could do.. The lines of the card are straight in real life, I did work hard on my angles :-) It is a pretty cool card, I am very pleased how it has turned out.. When you lift the top of the box up, the tag inside pulls out!! I have not seen anything like this before!! I LIKE it!!


Designer paper is by Imagenisce, it is from their new Christmas collection, but I do love the sparkly dots and stripes and I think it worked quite well for the Birthday Card. The embellishment on the top of the box was made with Scalloped Cirlce Punches, I used two sizes.. I cut into every scallop and then folded cirlces in half. The Birthday Mice stamp is by Penny Black, it's called "Cheescake Party". The image was colored with Copic Markers and I added Stickles for the sparkle. The sentiment is by Savvy..

All of the supplies used to design this card are available for purchase at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. If you don't live in the area, you can call the store at 408-736-9151 to place your order.

Check out my La-La Land Crafts blog for a sneak peek of the new Halloween release and to enter into the Blog Candy!!

Hugs!!
:) Irina

3 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

OH!!! This is the cutest! I love it!! You've used two of my faves! Penny Black and Imaginesce! Must get my hands on this one! LOL! Fabulous work, Irina!!

Anonymous said...

Irina - I love this!!! thanks for sharing and what a FUN class!!!
Pam Going Postal

Riet said...

What a beautiful box Irina,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x