Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

JustRite Joy of Christmas

Still playing with my new JustRite set called "Christmas Treasures" and yet another new set of Shapeabiliteis Fleur de Lis Pendant. I was resisting so hard and did not buy any of the Shapeabiliteis until I saw this JustRite Set, I couldn't stand it any longer, they are a perfect pair!!

This is the second card for my upcoming "JustRite Christmas" card class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. We will make three cards in this class, I am still working on the third card. To see the first card, please click here. This class is scheduled for:

Thursday, September 10th, 11 am to 2 pm
Thursday, September 10th, 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Tuesday, September 22nd, 12 pm to 3 pm

Please bring your Cuttlebug with shims and rubber mat for Nestabilites (if you have them), pop-up dots (foam tape) and your favorite dry adhesive to the class. All other supplies will be provided.

$30, 10 participants max

Class kits will be available until September 22nd, $35 each.

Please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151 to sign up for the class and/or purchase your kit/s.


This card measures 6" x 6".

Really, this card looks SO MUCH better in real life!! Believe me, it's looks so pretty in metallic navy blue cardstock and the white cardstock has pretty shimmer in it!!





I used my Scor-Pal to make the grid on the background layer. To create the snowflake medallion behind the image, I cut and embossed two squares with Shapeabiliteis Fleur de Lis Pendant, I then layered them together by offsetting one over the other. Sentiment inside of the card is from the same JustRite stamp set. Both sentiments and the image in the circle on the front of the card were heat embossed with JudiKins Embossing Powder in Lapis Lazul, it looks oh so beautiful in real life!! You might be able to see it better if you enlarge the close up photo of the medallion. Circles were cut and embossed with Nestabilites.

I wanted to show you how I made these beautiful filigree corners. I took some photos too so you can see.. First I cut and embossed squares with the smaller die from the same Shapeabiliteis set and then cut the squares diagonally in half. The last step is to clean them by trimming, see photo 2. Those swirly things on the top and the bottom of the sentiment inside of the card were done the same way, but I also cut off the sides of the triangles. I don't know if I am making much sense, it is late at night, around 2 am ;-) .



You just have to check out La-La Land Crafts Blog!! There is a Sneak Peek for you there of my new Halloween Stamps and also a Blog Candy!! And, while you are there take a look at our Challenge this week, it is Stitching!! Everyone can participate, you don't even have to use our stamps!!

Hugs!!
Irina

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful card!!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so lovely...I so want these too!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

WOW! Gorgeous card! I love what you did with the die. I have managed to avoid buying them but I MUST have this one! Beautiful work, Irina!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Irina,what BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mini-tutorial... the card is so pretty and I love that trick w/ the corner nestie!

Anonymous said...

beautiful Irina! love how creative you are!
tfs!
Pam Going Postal