Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lala is sending Holiday Hugs and Kisses your way

My father is still in the hospital and I am trying to catch up with things between the visits..

I made this card for the Challenge on La-La Land Crafts Blog. This week's challenge is hosted by Lisa and here is what she had to say:

"Hello my La-La Land Crafts friends! I'm so glad to be back as your hostess for this week's challenge. One of my favorite embellishments is ribbon. I LOVE ribbon! In fact, when there isn't a spot for it on my card, I think something's missing!

So, my challenge to you is to use ribbon on your card or project. In fact, why not let ribbon be your inspiration!"


What a fun, fun challenge!! Thank you Lisa!! For more details and to participate in the challenge please visit La-La Land Crafts blog. As always, the top three entries will receive a cute badge to put on their blog. But what different this time is that the top pick will receive this Santa Lala stamp as the prize as well!!! You have until Sunday night to enter, hurry!!


And here is my card for the challenge.. This is also second card for my upcoming "JustRite Christmas" card class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. We will make three cards in this class, all different designs. This class is scheduled for:

Thursday, November 5th, 11 am to 2 pm
Thursday, November 5th, 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm

Please bring your Cuttlebug, Scor-Pal (if you have one), foam tape (pop up dots) and your favorite adhesive to the class. All other supplies will be provided.

$30, 10 participants max

Class Kits are available until November 5th, $35 each.


Please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151 to sign up for the class and/or to purchase your kit/s.

This card measures 6" x 6".





Designer paper is by Graphic 45. I used A Merry Little Christmas JustRite set along with Santa Lala from La-La Land Crafs on this card. You can purchase this and other La-La Land Crafts stamps on the online store, here is the link. All images were colored with Copic Markers. Lala was cut out and popped onto the card. I added Liquid Applique with some glitter to the white parts of her outfit. The pendant was made with Spellbinders Renaissance Hearts and I weaved the ribbon through the opening of the pendant, really like how it has turned out!! On the panel behind the pendant I made a grid with Scor-Pal. Cuttlebug die-cut corners. Hero Arts rhinestones.

Hugs!!

4 comments:

Elena said...

Irina, I hope that your father will be better very soon. I wish him a very healthy recovery...
Don't forget that you need to have some rest too.
Your card is gorgeous!!! And I love the pendant you created!!! Love how you threaded the ribbon!

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely card...love how you weaved in the ribbon on your wreath!

Do What You Love said...

Irina, your father's speedy recovery is continued in my prayers. I love your card. The intricacies are delightful, especially how you weaved the ribbon into the wreath - beautiful. Take care of yourself. :)

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

WOW!! Beautiful card! GORGEOUS wreath! Love the weaving! La-La looks adorable as ever! xx Jane