Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

What on Earth?

I didn't say it!! This is one of the sentiment stamps from where else, Stampotique ;-) Don't you just love the choice of the sentiments they have available, most of them just crack me up!!

This is the third and the last card for my upcoming "Stampotique Again!" card class at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. We will make three cards in this class. To see the other two cards please click here and here.. This class is scheduled for:

Tuesday, July 21st, 12 pm to 3 pm
Saturday, August 1st, 11 am to 2 pm

Please bring foam tape (pop up dots) and your favorite adhesive to the class. All other supplies will be provided.

Cost of the class is $30, 10 participants max

Class Kits will are available until August 1st, $35 each.

Please call Cranberry Hill Mercantile at 408-736-9151 to sign up for the class and/or purchase the Class Kit/s.


This card measures 6" x 6".





For such a simple card it sure took me forever to make it.. Because I wanted to use the moon stamp, I first decided to go with the dark metallic cardstock.. But the card turned out way too dark, and not only in color.. It did not have the feel and the mood that I wanted to achieve. So.. I totally changed the colors!! Instead of dark, I decided to go with very soft almost pastel color scheme.. And I think it worked!!

The green layer was embossed with Plants embossing folder by QuicKutz, I inked with the green ink inside of the folder first to give embossed image more dimension. The moon and the sentiment were heat embossed on gold metallic cardstock. The sentiment was cut and embossed with Nestabilites. The girl was stamped twice, once on light grey metallic cardstock and then on the pink Bling by Bazzil (for the wings). I added Crystal Stickles to her wings. The larger flowers are Martha Stewart punch and the smaller flowers are the punch from Marvy. Pink pearl stickers in the centers of the flowers. On the inside of the card I used the same embossing folder on the right side of the white layer.

All the stamps used on this card are from Stampotique.. The moon is item #6034M, the girl is item #6035L and the sentiment is item #9002O.

All the supplies used to design this card are available for purchase at Cranberry Hill Mercantile. If you do not live in the area, you can place your order over the phone during the business hours, 408-736-9151.

Before I say bye, I wanted to remind you about my Blog Candy. You just have to see the post on the very top of my blog, there is a surprise there!! or click here to view the post..

Hugs!!
Irina

2 comments:

Elena said...

I love how this card turned out! Very unique and beautiful!

Chrissy's Creations said...

I love it and that little pop of embossing on the inside it just gorgeous!