Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

'Tis the Season To Be Jolly!


I tried something new today - coloring with Copics on glitter!   I used regular cardstock (any white cardstock will do) covered with Scor-tape and Glitter Ritz Glitter in Cool Highlights. Once you burnish the glitter, it doesn't come off!  It doesn't even get on your Copics! So AWESOME!   Marci was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on top of glitter and then colored with Copics.  It's very different then coloring on paper, image looks a bit muted but it's oh so pretty and very very sparkly!  Especially when you get it under the light.  So, so pretty!  And of course it's just perfect for Christmas cards!

My card features our Christmas Elf Marci (sentiment comes with Marci stamp) and these La-La Land Crafts Dies - Christmas Tree, Holly Flourish, Large Flourish, Lotus and Rolled Rose (small).

Can you see sparkle on this photo better?  
You might need to enlarge the photo (just click on it) to see it.

I used my Scor-Pal to create a pleated paper ribbon.  I scored at 1/2" and 1/4" repeatedly and then folded the pleats.  It's held to the card with Scor-tape.

Flowers are made with Lotus Die and Rolled Rose Die (small) in the middle.  Roses look more like a coral color in the photo, but they are really pink, they were die cut from the same cardstock as the layers on my card.  Leafs under the flowers are from our Large Flourish Die.

I stamped Christmas Elf Marci inside of my card in Vintage Photo ink.  Banners were made with leftover papers.  The same flower as in front of the card, but with Pearl Pen in the center.

Christmas Elf Marci was colored with Copics:
Skin - E13, E11, E01, E00
Blush - R21
Hair - E47, E44, E43, E42
All Red - R39, R27, R24, R22
All Pink - RV34, RV11, RV10
All Green - YG95, G24, G21
Shoes - E47, E44, E43, E42
Ground -  E13, E11, E01, E00
Background - B00, B000, 0

Hugs!!

5 comments:

Debi said...

i love this sparkly christmas elf, debi x

Karen said...

Oh this is so AMAZING with glitter Irina! I totally love this and need to give this a try myself! The card is stunning as well!!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!~

Evie said...

Gorgeous card!

Julie D. Richards said...

Wow, this is beautiful. How brave of you to try this, I would have been to worried it would ruin the copics.